Monday, October 7, 2013

Smoothies Galore


This off-colored "smoothie" is why I have not been baking (and sub-sequentially blogging) much lately. My mom and I are on a NutriBullet kick - or at least I am. Every morning for breakfast I enjoy choke down one of these yellowish-greenish drinks in an attempt to get more fruits and veggies in my diet. So you can see why, after making it through one of these, it would seem a bit counterproductive to bake.


 This particular smoothie contained a handful of baby spinach, one (peeled) blood orange, a plum (also peeled), a banana, 8 almonds, 1 tbsp goji berries and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds. All this (along with some crushed ice and water) goes into my handy-dandy NutriBullet blender and gets blended into a frothy (and borderline chunky) drink.


Look at all that healthful goodness.


Yum? I'm kidding.. being totally dramatic. The drinks really aren't so bad. You can't taste the spinach at all - even though it is the culprit for the drink's unappetizing color - and I'm drinking more fruits and nuts than I would ever eat throughout the day. So for now, this is all I've been whipping up in the kitchen. But don't worry dear readers (ahem, dad), for pumpkin season is upon us and it is only a matter of time before I make pumpkin bread and pumpkin doughnuts and pumpkin crepes that I could use instead of regular crepes in my crepe cake. Now that's YUM.

Also, in case you're having a rough day, here's a cute picture of my sad cone-headed pup. He got his you-know-whats snipped.

No comments:

Post a Comment