Monday, March 12, 2012

At Home in Rome

(view of Rome from the roof deck at school)

Look at that view. You can see all the way to the snow-capped mountains that surround the city. I'm living the dream, just saying. However, on a less lovin-life note, AUR has midterms this week. I haven't taken a real midterm since the beginning of sophomore year (journalism just doesn't really do tests). And now I have three. Like really AUR, don't you know that we're not here for school?? We're here to explore and travel and go on adventures! Not to sit, cooped up in an apartment, and study for hours upon hours upon hours. Which is exactly what I did this weekend. Such a waste. It's all right though I guess, because on Friday we leave for LONDON!! Spring break is almost here and that means London, Paris, Amsterdam, here I come! I'm secretly so excited for London because: a. I can pretend to be a Spice Girl, and b. I can pretend to be Hermione Granger.

(tagliolini cacio e pepe - pasta with pecorino and black pepper)

And now, on "What I Ate!" Thursday night we went to Roma Sparita, which I had read a lot about, as it's city-renowned for one specific pasta. The tagliolini cacio e pepe, a traditional Roman pasta dish, was the dish to order. If you can't tell from the picture, it comes in a crispy parmesan bowl. Just cheese on cheese on cheese. 

(gnocchi with shaved black truffle and something similar to provolone)

Friday I accidentally stabbed myself while trying to de-pit an avocado (oh what I do in pursuit of home-made guacamole) and subsequently passed out (never a dull moment with this girl). Thus, I was unable to go out. Saturday night we went out to dinner with Marielle's parents at La Scala, a place down in Trastevere. Again, cheese on cheese on gnocchi on cheese. Cheese and I are having a love affair. Thank god I'm not lactose intolerant. On another happy note, I'm once again a real member of society because I have a phone!!! My month without one was rough, but I did survive. By the end it was almost even nice to be totally detached. Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment